Michael Jackson is a music icon who will be known through the centuries for his phenomenal success, not just as a singer and dancer, but also for his dedication to humanitarianism. Michael Joseph Jackson has a net worth of $600 million dollars (£403 million) making him one of the richest entertainers in the world.
Michael Jackson was an American recording artist whose net worth was estimated at $500 million before his death in June 2009 from cardiac arrest. Jackson’s contributions to music, dance, and fashion along with his publicized personal life made him a global figure in popular culture for over four decades. His distinctive sound and style have influenced numerous hip hop, pop, contemporary R&B, funk, disco, dance, and rock artists.
The net wealth of Michael Jackson is a source of speculation since his fame and success attracted an army of fans eager to know details about him. However, there are no sources that can be considered reliable in this regard. The most authoritative publication on the subject of celebrity wealth – Forbes magazine – estimates ten million dollars in annual income from royalties and often repeats the phrase that the singer was “weird” with money. In addition, Jackson had been accused by some critics, who commented on its expensive tastes, for example when he bought a white elephant called Gypsy for six million dollars or an ape Bubbles for eight hundred thousand dollars during his lifetime. Also, it has been said that Jackson spent three million dollars for the construction of a private amusement park in his home.
Michael Jackson Net Worth 2021
|Net Worth:||$500 Million|
|Date of Birth:||Aug 29, 1958 – Jun 25, 2009 (50 years old)|
|Height:||5 ft 8 in (1.75 m)|
|Profession:||Entertainer, Singer-songwriter, Musician, Choreographer, Record producer, Actor, Businessperson, Film Producer, Dancer, Film Score Composer|
|Nationality:||United States of America|
Jackson’s wealth has been the subject of many investigations by media and public organizations, primarily due to its inexplicable growth since he began his professional career as an entertainer. Many have wondered how Jackson could have earned so much money over the years, while it did not show any major investment activity. Even after being accused of child abuse several times during the 1990s, Michael Jackson managed to maintain high earnings from royalties and product endorsements that allowed him to pay millions of dollars in penalties and continue to live with luxuries reserved only for the wealthiest people on planet Earth.
In 2006, Forbes magazine placed Jackson in third place in their list of “Top 40 Richest Rappers” with an estimated fortune of $ 125 million. A year later, the same magazine estimated his wealth at $ 160 million being placed as fifth place in their list “Top 20 Richest Men of Show Business“.
Following is a top 10 list with Michael Jackson Net Worth
10. Rod Stewart – $ 360 Million (Michael Jackson’s Net Worth) Rod Stewart may be known for his singing and songwriting abilities, but he also has some pretty impressive business ventures that make him one of the richest people in the world. His most famous recording artist contract was with Warner Brothers Records which currently brings in an excess of $20 million per annum. All told, Rod Stewart’s net worth is estimated to be around $360 million.
9. Phil Collins – $ 400 Million (Michael Jackson’s Net Worth) The former Genesis frontman who went on to be a highly successful solo musician, actor, and writer still finds himself in the top 10 list of wealthiest singers in the world with a net worth of $400 million. After selling more than 150 million records worldwide he has also sold out arenas around the world for almost two decades.
8. Julio Iglesias – $ 450 Million (Michael Jackson’s Net Worth) The popular Spanish singer who has played to sell-out crowds all over Europe, South America, and beyond is said to be worth about $450 million. Like many Hispanic artists his age, Iglesias was able to amass such wealth through album sales and touring revenue, in addition to having his very own line of fragrances.
7. Billy Joel – $ 460 Million (Michael Jackson’s Net Worth) Singer, songwriter, and pianist Billy Joel is said to have a net worth of about $460 million which makes him one of the wealthiest musicians in the world today. Despite being known for his New York-style anthems, he has also written music for movies including “The Lion King” that even brought him a little bit more fame amongst children.
6. Julio Iglesias Jr – $ 500 Million (Michael Jackson’s Net Worth) The popular pop singer who was once married to Michael Jackson’s sister LaToya currently has an estimated net worth somewhere in excess of half a billion dollars. He has been in the music business since his childhood and is also a very successful model. Julio Iglesias Jr. estimates that he will be worth $1 billion by next year, which won’t come as much of a surprise to anyone who knows him or his father.
5. Rod Stewart – $ 600 Million (Michael Jackson’s Net Worth) Rod Stewart may be known for his singing and songwriting abilities, but he also has some pretty impressive business ventures that make him one of the richest people in the world. His most famous recording artist contract was with Warner Brothers Records which currently brings in an excess of $20 million per annum. All told, Rod Stewart’s net worth is estimated to be around $600 million.
4. Elton John – $ 600 Million (Michael Jackson’s Net Worth) The flamboyant British singer, pianist, and songwriter has been a staple of the music scene for decades now and though he hasn’t been in the spotlight much recently, he remains one of the wealthiest musicians in the world today. He was also knighted by none other than Queen Elizabeth II in 1997 for his services to music which means that he is known as Sir Elton John in addition to being a big-time crooner.
3. Paul McCartney – $ 800 Million (Michael Jackson’s Net Worth) A musical genius who co-founded what is considered by many people to be the greatest band ever, Paul McCartney is probably worth more than most people would imagine. He was also knighted by Queen Elizabeth II for his services to music which means that he is now known as Sir Paul McCartney.
2. Dr. Dre – $ 880 Million (Michael Jackson’s Net Worth) Though Dr. Dre may be more popularly known as an entertainer, his career has also taken him into the world of business where he became a very successful entrepreneur and incredible wealthy individual. His most famous product would probably have to be the Beats by Dre headphones which he sold to Apple for about $3 billion in 2011. All told, it is estimated that Dr. Dre’s current net worth is somewhere in the neighborhood of $880 million which puts him at #2 on this list of wealthiest singers today.
1. P Diddy – $ 900 Million (Michael Jackson’s Net Worth) It seems almost impossible to think of Sean Combs in anything but his current moniker, P Diddy. Known for being the owner of Bad Boy Records and a popular figure in the entertainment world thanks to his various endeavors which include everything from clotheslines to liquor brands. His net worth is estimated by most sources to be about $900 million which makes him one of the wealthiest people in music today.